Medical Marijuana to Treat ADD, ADHD
10 May 2016
Attention Deficit Disorder/ Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is known as ADD/ ADHD. A person with this condition may be hyperactive, have a short attention span, or is impulsive. This condition is common in school aged children but can affects adults as well. Medical marijuana has been shown to help reduce the symptoms of ADD/ ADHD.
Medical marijuana can help children that are suffering from ADD. It can help them focus and increase dopamine levels in the brain. This will help regulate mood and reduce anxiety. Dopamine is also used linked to a person’s appetite, attention span, learning , sleeping pattern, sex drive, and their mood.
These are all the conditions that adults with ADHD suffer from.
Anxiety is a symptom of adult ADD/ ADHD that can be solved by medical marijuana.
Anxiety and insomnia can be helped with marijuana. CBD is a component in marijuana that can help with this condition.
CBD is responsible for the flight or fight response in the brain. The receptors in the brain that are responsible for this include a feeling of paranoia that can lead to a poor appetite, insomnia, and thoughts of suicide.
Cannabis has been proven to reduce these symptoms associated with ADHD. This is a safer alternative then other medications.
There are many prescription medications that can be used to treat people with ADHD. This includes Adderall. This medication can be dangerous when given to children. They have weaker immune systems than adults do and cannot handle the medications.
The body of a child reacts differently to medication than the body of an adult. One child can take a pill to go to sleep while the same pill can cause another child to suffer from insomnia.
When looking for treatments for Attention Deficit Disorder, keep in mind that cannabis and other herbal supplements do not have dangerous side effects. Medical marijuana can be an effective treatment for adults and children suffering from ADHD.
Overall pateints can explore how patients can get a medical marijuana card renewals online in California, 420 evaluations & 420 doctors.
ADD / ADHD articles and research:
- Children's Hospital.org: Can Medical Marijuana Help Kids with Autism or ADHD?
- Facebook: Clinical Trials of Cannabis to Treat ADHD
- Details: Weed May Treat ADHD Better Than Adderall, Study Says
- Higher Perspectives: Groundbreaking Research - Cannabis Treats ADHD Better Than Adderall
- FOX News: Cannabis Scrips to Calm Kids
- MassRoots: Cannabis Successfully Treats ADHD Patients
- Merry Jane: ADHD Patients Responsive To Cannabis Therapy
- Merry Jane: Cannabis Soothes ADHD Symptoms
- NBC News: Medical Pot for ADHD?
- New York Times: Medical Marijuana - No Longer Just for Adults
- TruthOnPot: Marijuana and ADHD - The Facts
- United Patients Group: Could Cannabis Be a Safer Alternative to ADHD Drugs?